Affordable Housing Officer
Belair , SA
About the Organisation
Kalyra Communities is an industry leader in the provision of residential aged care, community aged care, retirement living and affordable housing services. Kalyra Communities has a long and rich history in the not for profit sector with a strongly held position as a quality provider of services to the communities we operate in. Kalyra Communities practices the values of caring, quality service, accountability, respect, team work, open communication, honesty and enjoyment.
About the Position
Part Time (20 hours per week- flexible over 3 or 4 days)
Kalyra Communities owns and operates five Affordable Housing sites. The James and Jessie Brown Cottages provide 79 low cost rental opportunities for eligible people in our community.
All tenants are provided with the opportunity for comfortable, low cost, independent accommodation which may previously have been difficult to achieve for a variety of reasons. We require that all incoming tenants have support through an Agency so that we have the best possible outcome for the individual.
The James and Jessie Brown Cottages are just one of many examples of the Trust's active involvement in caring for the wider community.
Applications are sought from candidates who hold previous experience in a similar capacity and who possess experience working in a community housing environment.
Duties will include;
- Conduct tenancy inductions
- Carry out regular property inspections
- Organise routine maintenance of properties
- Meet with tenants and conduct regular rent reviews
- Provide referrals to other community and housing services
- Develop strong relationships with external stakeholders
What do we need from you:
- Previous Housing Management experience
- Current SA Drivers' Licence
- Knowledge and experience working with target group of tenants
- Competent in using various software packages (MS Office suite etc.)
Benefits of Working with the Kalyra Communities
Kalyra Communities recognises that the provision of its services relies on the skill, commitment and dedication of its employees. The trust provides many Employee Rewards that are available to all employees such as:
- Salary Packaging
- Meal Card
- Education and Training
- Employee Assistance Program
- Well-Being Program
- Staff Appreciation Dinner
- Morning tea each day
(there may be some conditions affecting the availability of some Employee Rewards)
Please click on the link for a full copy of the POSITION DESCRIPTION
For telephone enquiries, please contact Margot Strachan, Human Resource Manager on 8278 0321.
How to Apply
Before you apply for this position, please read the position description carefully to assess your eligibility and suitability for the position. You will be required to answer a few questions that relate to the criteria on the online application below. You will also be asked to attach your current resume which should include two recent employment related referees. Please note that you cannot submit your application without attaching your resume. A cover letter is not mandatory, but may be added if so desired.
PLEASE NOTE: Once you have commenced your application you cannot save and continue at a later stage.
Applications close 5.00 p.m. on 8th December 2017.
In the event you are shortlisted for an interview, and are then selected to progress to the next stage following interview, you must be prepared to undergo the following pre-employment screening processes as part of the selection process:
- Pre-employment Medical Assessment
- National Police Check
- Reference Checks - Please include two work related referees in your resume for reference checking purposes - please ensure your referee details are current and are people that have supervised you.